What a strange and delicious combination I’m about to feed you.
You’re looking at a beautiful, colorful, confetti-like bowl full of:
- Sweet potatoes
- 黑豆 - 但任何种类的豆都很棒！
- Pistachios – because I love them! but any nuts / seeds, or no nuts / seeds also work
You think it might lean Mexican-inspired with the sweet potato black bean thing…. but then there’s feta and red onion… and some pistachios… and the lime basil vinaigrette is where things get pretty solidly quirky.
I used to make this salad all the time way back in the day, featuring a bottle of pre-made dressing, because that’s what my trusty five ingredient Cooking Light cookbook recommended. I was youthful and new to cooking and I loved easy recipes (still true, actually). Now I’m less youthful, more opinionated about things like making your own dressing, and ready for the still-easy but slightly more grown up version of this salad.
You still with me?
Our dressing here is a punchy lime basil vinaigrette. Which is kind of a lot going on flavor-wise because lime and basil are both big flavors. But big flavors get two thumbs up from me.
或者......你可以相信我，无所畏惧地犁进入罗勒 - 重物串品尝绿色敷料的土地。
Take a taste – do you need more of something? Salt? Oil? Lime? Basil? Tweak it till you get it just right and do not panic if it’s very very flavorful.
Get all your stuff in a bowl, toss with dressing, salt and pepper, and muah. It’s summery, a little bit unexpected, and the best way to make lunch / veggies / nutrition / happiness all work together.
Check Out Our Video For How To Make Couscous Salad:Print
一个明亮，Zippy，意外的烤肉沙拉，用甜土豆，黑豆，菠菜，羊皮，更多 - 所有 - 都扔了一个改变生活的石灰罗勒醋栗！
- 2sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (about3 cups)
- 114-ounce can黑豆, drained and rinsed
- 2 cupsbaby spinach， 切成小块
- 4盎司crumbled feta cheese
- half ared onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2杯chopped pistachios(optional)
Lime Basil Vinaigrette
- 1bunch of freshbasil(1/2杯packed)
- 1/2杯olive oil
- juice of1–2limes (to taste)
- 1/4to1/2cup水,if needed
- Pulse all dressing ingredients in a food processor until smooth-ish.
- Cook couscous in 1 cup water, according to package directions. Fluff with a fork and cool.
- Place sweet potatoes in a skillet with about 1/2 cup water and a sprinkle of salt. Cover and simmer until fork-tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Toss all ingredients together with dressing, season with salt and pepper, and serve! (OR, store each ingredient individually for salads throughout the week.)
关键词：couscous salad, meal prep salad, large batch salad, sweet potato salad, basil dressing, healthy lunch prep